A turn key solution that automates the European Commission's
new Standard Contractual Clauses for international transfers of personal data
Why Simply Clause?
International data transfers made easy by automating SCCs.
Why should you choose us ?
It is a web application that automates the use of the European Commission’s new Standard Contractual Clauses, which are used by companies for transferring personal data to countries outside of the European Economic Area.
What are Standard Contractual Clauses?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), appropriate safeguards have to be in place for European companies to transfer personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). The most common way to ensure those safeguards, is to use the so-called “Standard Contractual Clauses “ or “SCCs” issued by the European Commission.
SCCs are fixed contract terms signed by the European data exporter and the third-country data importer. They reproduce contractually many of the rights and obligations of the GDPR, thereby ensuring that the personal data is adequately protected, even outside of the EEA.
What's new ?
After more than 10 years since their last update, on 4 June 2021, the European Commission adopted new SCCs. These replace the three sets of SCCs adopted under previous Data Protection Directives. As of September 2021, it’s no longer possible to use the earlier sets of SCCs.
The clock is ticking. European companies have until 27 December 2022 to replace all of their old SCCs with the new SCCs.
How to transition to the new SCCs?
- Map your international data flows and identify old SCCs that have to be replaced
- For each new SCC choose the right module among the four proposed by the Commission.
- Perform a “Transfer Risk Assessment” to determine whether the legislation of the third country complies with the level of protection required by EU law.
- Implement additional measures (e.g., encryption, pseudonymization, etc.) as needed.
- Replace all existing SCCs with the new version before 2023
And SimplyClause ?
We make the transition to new SCCs simple, by automating the process. Keep reading to learn more.
We present :
It is made for