A turn key solution that automates the European Commission's
new Standard Contractual Clauses for international transfers of personal data
SimplyClause Politique de protection des données
The purpose of this Data Protection Policy (“Policy“) is to describe how we handle your personal data when you use the https://simplyclause.com website (“Site”).
Personal data is information that can directly or indirectly identify a natural person (“Personal Data“). It can be a name, a first name, an email, a phone number or an address.
Who collects your personal data?
The Site is published by SimplyClause, a French société par actions simplifies with a capital of five thousand (5,000) euros, whose registered office is located at 26 rue Rouget de l’Isle 93160 Noisy-le-Grand (email: firstname.lastname@example.org), registered in the Bobigny Trade and Companies Register under number 903 742 252 (“we” or the “Company“).
As part of the management and operation of the Site and as a data controller, the Company collects certain personal data of Website users (“you” or “Users“).
The Company is committed to the protection of privacy and takes all necessary measures to ensure the confidentiality and security of Users’ personal data.
This Policy also aims to make Users understand how the Company processes their personal data according to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR“). We invite you to read this Policy to obtain information about how your personal data is processed and your rights.
What data is collected and for how long?
When Users browse the Site and/or wish to benefit from the services available on the Site, the Company may collect certain personal data from Users, in particular: their surname, first name, professional email address, telephone number, IP address, job title and employer. The compulsory or optional nature of the data is indicated at the time of collection by an asterisk. The collection form is accompanied by a checkbox allowing you to accept or refuse that your data be used for commercial purposes.
Users’ personal data is kept only as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the Company holds such data, to meet the needs of the Users, or to fulfill its legal obligations. At the end of the retention period, the personal data is deleted or the Company anonymizes such data. Our Site does not collect any sensitive data, as defined by the RGPD.
For what purposes are personal data collected?
The Company collects personal data from Users for the following purposes:
Legal basis for processing
Data retention period
Until the user unsubscribes (via the unsubscribe link embedded in the newsletter)
Site traffic analysis
Legitimate interests (Article 6.1 (f) of the GDPR)
Retention period cannot exceed 13 months, unless renewed through an explicit action on your part (for example: revisiting the site, consultation of products …)
Setting up pre-commercial relationships
Performance of the contract
Retention period includes the initial contact period and the time required to manage the dispute.
To enable the processing of requests for the exercise of rights
Maximum period provided for by the initial purpose of collection (purposes described above)
Registration, or request for a demonstration
Retention period that includes the contact period but does not exceed 13 months
Who are the recipients of the personal data?
The processing of Users’ Personal Data is carried out by the Company, its technical service providers and its subcontractors. The Company’s subcontractors are the following:
- OVH SAS: 2 rue Kellermann – BP 80157 59053 Roubaix CEDEX 1 France
- Production of traffic statistics (subject to your agreement) by the company Cybot, manager of CookieBot, address : Havnegade 391058 Copenhagen, Denmark
The Company may also communicate Users’ personal data to third-party service providers for site usage statistical studies and for site optimization purposes. In this context, Users’ personal data will be anonymized.
The Company may communicate Users’ personal data to cooperate with administrative and judicial authorities.
All processing is carried out within the European Union and no transfer of the User’s Personal Data to a country outside the EU will be made.
Cookies record certain information that is stored in the memory of their computer’s hard drive. This information is used to generate statistics on the Site’s audience and to offer features according to the ones selected during previous visits.
The User visiting the home page or another page of the Site directly from a search engine will be informed:
- of the specific purposes of the cookies used; and
- of the possibility of objecting to these cookies and changing the settings by clicking on a link displayed in the banner.
To guarantee the free, informed and unequivocal consent of the User visiting the Site, the banner will not disappear until the User has continued browsing.
Unless the User has given prior consent, cookies will not be deposited or read:
- if any person who visits the Site (home page or another page of the Site from a search engine for example) does not continue his navigation: a simple absence of action cannot be considered as a manifestation of will;
- if the user clicks on the link in the banner allowing him/her to set the parameters of the cookies and, if necessary, refuses the deposit of the cookies.
Why does the Company collect IP addresses?
Each computer connected to the Internet has an IP address. Whenever a User browses the Site, the Company collects the User’s IP address to analyze traffic on the Site and to monitor the User’s activity on the Site.
How are the data hosted?
Users’ data are hosted by the company OVH SAS whose servers are located in France. The data is secured by SSL protocol.
How does the Company ensure the security of personal data?
The Company ensures that the Users’ personal data is adequately and appropriately secured. The Company has taken the necessary precautions to preserve the security and confidentiality of the data to prevent it from being distorted, damaged, or communicated to unauthorized persons. To this end, the Company includes computer protection measures such as anti-virus, firewalls, or access authorization controls.
What are the obligations of the Users?
Users acknowledge that the personal data they disclose on the Site is valid, adequate and up-to-date. Users are solely responsible for the personal data they provide.
Users agree not to violate the privacy and protection of personal data of any third party.
What are the Users’ rights?
In accordance with the provisions of the French Data Protection Act of January 6, 1978, as amended, and the RGPD, Users are informed that they have the right to access, rectify, delete, limit the processing of their data, and transfer their data, as well as the right to oppose the processing of their personal data.
- The right of access: the Company undertakes to provide the User, if the latter so requests, with a copy of the personal data concerning him/her.
- The right of rectification: the User has the right to ask the Company to rectify the personal data that have been communicated to the Company by the User.
- The right to object: the User may object to his personal data being processed by the Company.
- The right to erasure (right to be forgotten): the User may obtain from the Company, under certain conditions, the deletion as soon as possible of certain personal data concerning him/her. This right to erasure cannot be obtained in certain cases, in particular for reasons of public interest, for archival purposes or to comply with legal obligations governing the processing of personal data by the Company.
- The right to restrict processing: the User may obtain from the Company that it limits the processing of his/her personal data, in particular when the User objects to such processing, disputes the accuracy of the data or when he/she believes that the use thereof is unlawful.
- The right to data portability: under certain conditions, the User may request to receive all of his or her personal data so that it can be transferred to another data controller without the Company being able to object to this.
Users may exercise their rights by contacting the Company, provided they can prove their identity, either directly on the Site under the heading “Contact Us”, by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to the following address SimplyClause SAS, 26 rue Rouget de l’Isle, 93160 Noisy-le-Grand.
The Company will respect the directives given by any User concerning the conservation, deletion, and communication of his/her personal data after his/her death. In the absence of such instructions, the Company will comply with the requests of the heirs as set out in the applicable provisions of the French Data Protection Act.
How are Users notified of any changes to this Policy?
The Company may amend this Policy at any time and without notice. Consequently, the User is encouraged to regularly refer to the latest Policy available on the Site.